Who we are and what we do
Hachette UK is a leading UK publishing group. The group is made up of ten autonomous publishing divisions and over fifty imprints with a rich and diverse history. The HR team are responsible for delivering the people vision of the company.
What you’ll be doing
This is an exciting position working across the different divisions of the Hachette UK Group to provide a timely, efficient and friendly HR service.
The role will be busy and varied with a wide range of administrative responsibilities. You will be responsible for:
- Maintaining accurate records on the HR systems.
- Producing all people related paperwork e.g. contracts, contractual changes.
- Managing the recruitment process, including putting jobs on the website, supporting managers with the applicant tracking system.
- Payroll processing
- Supporting the HR Business Partners with absence management.
- The onboarding and offboarding of staff, i.e. creating offer letters, conducting HR Inductions
- Offering basic guidance on HR policy and process
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for someone with strong office administrative experience with a clear and demonstrable interest in building a career in HR.
You will be:
- Organised and proactive
- Able to communicate and liaise with staff at all levels
- Highly numerate, with a meticulous eye for detail.
- Approachable, efficient and helpful
- Able to prioritise and work to deadlines.
- A team player with a positive ‘can do’ attitude
What we offer
This role is based in Blackfriars at our fantastic riverside office. You will be a key member of a friendly and experienced HR team. We offer a competitive benefits package including 25 days holiday, great staff discount on books, early Friday finish in the summer months and much more!
Hachette employs people on the basis of their abilities. We aim to attract and develop talent from a base as broad as the world of readers we want to reach, with a wide and representative range of age, faith, disability, race, gender, sexuality and socio-economic, regional and cultural backgrounds.
We also recognise the importance of a good work-life balance, and champion flexible working, including part-time and job shares for all our roles. Please just let us know in your application or at any stage throughout the process if this is something you want to explore.
Closing date: 11th December 2019
Salary: £23,000 per annum
To apply: click here